I write strong, beautiful, personalized content, copy, blogs, newsletters, and more.
Let me help you tell your story!
My name is Kelly Stiefel Arias, and I am the Founder & CEO of Midlife Escape, LLC. Thank you for stopping by and having a look around!
I started this blog in November of 2017. It is here that I have shared my journey to save for, plan, and take a 9-month career sabbatical to travel with my family.
While on sabbatical in 2020, I jumped into the AWAI Accelerated Program for 6-figure Copywriting and joined Professional Writer’s Alliance (PWA). I then launched a freelance writing business.
While on sabbatical, my “Midlife Escape” grew into much more than a travel sabbatical. It offered an “escape” after 15 years in Corporate America – and the birth of a new professional path!
As a freelancer, I write about my two passions: travel and financial planning. This makes for an interesting combination, right? But you can’t do the travel part without having your financial ducks in a row, so yes, they do go together!
Here are some areas of special interest to get us started:
- I live in the Kansas City metropolitan area in the United States. If you need a local writer with boots on the ground to cover regional activities, places, and events, contact me. I’ll probably be there anyway, so you might as well get some great content from it!
- I also love to travel to almost anywhere, but especially in the Spanish-speaking world. My husband is Colombian and we are currently looking for a vacation property in Medellin and/or Santa Marta. Watch for future posts…I’ll share all the juicy details! Thankfully, Gonzalo is a native Spanish speaker and I have strong conversational Spanish skills. When the plane lands, we’ll get around just fine.
- I am passionate about the power of a midlife career sabbatical. Even if we love our careers, sometimes we need a break. We need to breathe, rest, and push the “reset” button. Travel can be a great way to accomplish that.
- If you are a quality company offering products and services in the travel industry, let me help you tell your story!
Here’s what you need to know:
- I have an MBA-IM from Thunderbird School of Global Management and am Series 7, 63, 65, 24, 51, and Life/Health/Variable insurance licensed in Kansas and Missouri. I am also a proud CFP® Professional.
- I serve Financial Advisors, Financial Planners, and the firms that support them. I will happily write about almost anything related to saving, investing, retirement, and financial planning!
- I currently have no financial planning clients. That means I can focus on writing for you, your business, and your clients – without a conflict of interest! Because I am a financial planner by trade, I speak your language. I “get” you, what you do, and what you are trying to build as a brand. I understand the industry jargon and can talk shop if you want to.
- More importantly, I have worked with hundreds of clients throughout my 15-year career in financial services. I can speak their language, too. I will make sure your content is smart but simple, so clients and prospects will actually read it, understand, and better connect with you!
I am passionate about financial planning, the power of a midlife career sabbatical, and travel – especially in the Spanish-speaking world. When I’m not writing strong, beautiful, personalized content for you, I am probably spending time with my husband, 2 teenage daughters, and 2 Yorkie-poos. I also enjoy live music and theatre, household projects, puttering away in the garden, and whipping up a yummy new recipe for family and friends.
I can’t wait to get to know you!
Kelly Stiefel Arias